Finch Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Date hiked: 06/28/2020
- Hiked from: Finch Lake trailhead
- Distance hiked: 9 Miles RT
- Total elevation gain: 1,850 ft
- Maintained trail: Yes – The Finch Lake trail is well maintained and marked
- Overall Difficulty: 6/10 – Elevation gain is steady but spread out. The distance of this hike adds to the difficulty.
- Overall Views: 5/10 – Finch lake itself is ok. Most of the hike there brings you through a forest with a couple of small stream crossings. Commanding views of Mt. Meeker will awe you on the way up.
Video of our Arrival at Finch Lake
The best part about Finch Lake in the Wild Basin of Rocky Mountain National Park is that is offers 3 campsites. One group (6+ people) and Two individual sites. There is also a privy there. Campsites require a permit and must be reserved well in advance. The Finch Lake campsite fills up quickly.
We visited Finch Lake late June, on our camping trip at Pear Lake. Although I wasn’t overly impressed with the views, it still had a little bit of solitude. We only saw a few groups of people there. Other than that it was a great place to eat lunch.