- Date hiked: 08/01/2022
- Hiked from: Haynach Campsite, Green Mountain Trailhead
- Distance hiked: 9 Miles
- Total elevation gain: about 2,200 ft
- Maintained trail: Yes (although it’s still being worked on as it’s in a recent burn zone from 2020 east troublesome fire)
- Overall Difficulty: 7/10 – Very long hike. Terrain is pretty easy though.
- Overall Views: 7/10 – Great views on each side of the lakes.
Haynach Lakes is long hike from Green Mountain trailhead, and has a campsite nearby if you have a wilderness permit. Hike the Green Mountain trail to the Tonahutu Creek trail. 2 Miles past granite falls there’s a sign for Haynach Lakes. Hike up the steep burn zone for approximately 1.5 miles until you reach the Lakes. We recently visited these lakes while camping at the Haynach Llama site. When we did this hike there were several downed trees up to the lakes. Most of this trail is in a burn zone but as of 2022 the trail is being kept up and improved by crews.