Jewel Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Date first hiked: 11/18/2019
- Hiked from: Bear Lake Trailhead
- Distance hiked: 4-6 Miles RT
- Total elevation gain: 872 ft
- Maintained trail: Yes
- Overall Difficulty: 4/10
- Overall Views: 7/10 – Just as good if not better views than neighboring Mills Lake
Jewel Lake is a true gem. Small alpine lake just north of Mills Lake, sitting in the same glacier gorge. In the spring summer and fall months you may find a little more solitude here compared to Mills Lake.
Besides its alpine beauty Jewel Lake makes for great catch and release fishing. Great place to take pictures, have lunch, and get away from most of the crowds in Rocky Mountain National Park.