- Date hiked: 07/04/2021
- Hiked from: Lost Lake Campsite, Dunraven (North Fork) TH
- Distance hiked: 11 miles – 1 way
- Total elevation gain: 3,360′
- Maintained trail: No
- Overall Difficulty: 9/10 – Route finding experience needed. Cairns may or may not be available. Some class 2 scrambling.
- Overall Views: 8/10 – shallow lake that may have smooth reflections from ‘middle no name’ peak.
We hiked to Lake Dunraven as part of a camping trip at Lost Lake. There is no evident trail going up to the lake. Lots of snow melt in July and steep cliffs that would constantly lead us to change route. Lots of bushwhacking and climbing to reach this less visited alpine lake.
Whisky Lake (11,540′)
Scotch Lake (11,620′)