- Date hiked: 09/04/2021
- Hiked from: North Inlet Campground
- Distance hiked: 9.5 miles – 1 way from North Inlet TH, 6 Miles one way from Bear Lake trailhead
- Total elevation gain: 3,000 ft
- Maintained trail: No
- Overall Difficulty: 8/10 – Off trail, bushwhacking and class two climbing from North Inlet. Can also be reached from Big Horn Flats by downclimbing.
- Overall Views: 7/10 – Not bad
Once past Bench Lake we navigated across the meadows to Ptarmigan Creek. Followed the drainage up to the shelf that houses a beautiful unnamed tarn, then climbed up to the shelf that holds Ptarmigan Lake. Another option is to down climb to the lake from Big Horn Flats.
Alltrails Route – https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/north-inlet-trail-to-lake-nokoni-84c578f