- Date hiked: 09/05/2021
- Hiked from: North Inlet Trailhead
- Distance hiked: 10.4 miles – 1 way
- Total elevation gain: 2,280′
- Maintained trail: Yes
- Overall Difficulty: 7/10 – Long hike on a maintained trail. Nothing technical.
- Overall Views: 7/10 – Great mountain views of a less visited alpine lake.
The hike to Lake Nokoni is for serious adventurers that don’t mind 10+ mile hikes. We hiked to Lake Nokoni as part of a 2 night backpacking trip at the North Inlet Campground. For a lake that is so far from a trailhead, it does have a maintained trail all the way to the lake. Ptarmigan Mountain is the peak off to the south of the lake with an unnamed peak off to the west.
Lake Nokoni might be a lake better viewed from above for photography. On the north side of the lake is a very steep social trail that offers great views of Lake Nokoni below and the surrounding peaks.