- Date hiked: 08/07/2022
- Hiked from: Wild Basin Trailhead/Thunder Lake Campsite
- Distance hiked: 7.5 miles – 1 way
- elevation gain: 3,120 ft
- Maintained trail: Yes up to Thunder Lake, more of a social trail after that
- Overall Difficulty: 7/10 – Just a long hike, route finding isn’t very hard
- Overall Views: 7/10 – Great views, many winds
We hiked to Lake of Many Winds as part of a one night backpacking trip at the Thunder Lake Stock site. From Thunder Lake, follow the evident trail at the ranger cabin around the north side of Thunder Lake. There’s no signs, but the trail is pretty straight forward. Although a few down trees may set you off course. Good to have a navigation system when venturing off just in case you get off trail. I’ve only been to this lake once, but it sure lived up to it’s name, as the winds here, were many.